Can Your Limo Always Be On Time?

Careem, the limousine taxi app, on Thursday said that its “Ride Now” booking service that enables its consumers to reserve its taxis right away is offered again in Abu Dhabi.

The service had been cut given that last August, Careem and its competing Uber both shut down their operations in the capital when a number of their motorists were taken into authorities custody for transgressing stringent personal limousine pricing guidelines.

Careem resumed services a couple of days later on but only for “Book Later” customers, which suggested the service might be utilized only for journeys scheduled 2 hours beforehand, with a minimum charge of Dh40.

Limo Fort Wayne is there to tell you more on this.

The Centre for Guideline of Transport by Hire Cars (TransAD) stated in September that the new guidelines would be released quickly. Nevertheless, on Thursday a representative for TransAD told The National the guidelines had actually still not been released and could not state when that would happen.

Careem said that its new service will be called Careem Limousine and is fully in line with the federal government’s regulations, with a minimum fare of Dh40.

” We have introduced Careem limo in line with TransAD regulations for the hire of private vehicles,” said Bassel Al Nahlaoui, vice president of business development and federal government relations at Careem. “We will just be dealing with certified personal hire vehicle [limousine] companies and basic rates will be at the minimum fare levels set out according to these policies. The head of TransAD is totally aware of Careem resuming its services in line with the brand-new guidelines.”

Uber is yet to resume its services in the capital. A representative for Uber was not offered for remark.

Careem released four years earlier and has broadened rapidly in the UAE and beyond, operating in more than 50 cities in 11 countries, including Morocco and Pakistan.

In December it announced a financial investment of United States $350 million.

” There is a substantial market opportunity for us– ride-hailing apps are at 1 per cent market penetration in the area presently,” said Mr Al Nahlaoui. “Our business strategy is securely committed to capturing the other 99 percent of individuals across the area.”

He included that Careem is targeting success within the next 2 years.